Man, it’s been a long time. It feels like… 3 years since I did one of these. As usual, I divide this into 3 parts: what I said I’d do last year, what I actually did, and what I hope to do this year.
- Continue work on Wandering Fortunes, which I did. I finished the primary edits. I did not finish editing it in full though, nor did I get started on novel 4. More on that either in a bit or a looong while.
- Continue Odemon: Yeah. After I started a new job though it reduced to one a week. Given the amount of new Pokemon per gen these years I should, in theory, be able to finish this someday. SOMEDAY. I also did continue the Pokecomic; I only got about 10 comics done but that’s what I expected so whatever. I’ll finish it when gen 12 is out.
- I very much did not get all my novel notes transferred to wiki format, but I didn’t really expect to it seems. I’m going pretty slow at it these days but I’m slowly chipping away at it.
- There’s not gonna be a Darmenzi audiobook.
- I did get a freelance job but not much came of it, and then the website I went through changed how it works to stupid pay-for-play basically so I started looking for a regular job, went crazy, and then out of nowhere succeeded in September.
- I legitimately can’t remember how many short stories I wrote, or even edited, and I certainly didn’t get any published.
The anaconda in the room is I started writing erotica. Have I mentioned that explicitly yet? In early summer I started thinking about stuff, about my gender and sexuality, and somehow that led to me thinking about writing “hypnosisnakerotica”. In… June, I think? I wrote a long Mastodon/Twitter thread about how I can barely be said to have a gender or sexuality, and how I don’t think about it much, and ended by concluding the internet is full of weirdos so there’s no reason to be afraid, and I shouted that snakes and hypnosis are sexy, my brain married a fictional character (the cool kids call this having a “waifu”), and I started writing erotica. (By the way, it’s made me have to think more about exactly what my sexuality is, exactly. Unfortunately it’s not meant for this Earth…)
This has gone. Confusingly well? I honestly had more traction in a few months than I did in half a decade of the Cloudy Cuckoo Cosmos. I mean, I guess it makes sense. A lot of people are horny. It’s also more niche, which means more people will go looking for what they can find, and if it turns out a writer who is basically trained in writing novels starts writing about it… woo. If it turns out you like that stuff or are just curious it’s all here, it’s all SFW, non-lewd, it’s honestly just erotica because it’s steeped in kink/fetish, it’s really more romance, which is actually stranger for me to think about me writing than erotica for some reason!
My new day job has been going well enough, I’m evaluating book manuscripts to see if there are legal issues (libel, copyright issues, etc.) I’m still slow at it after 3 months and I make mistakes but um. I can hope things go well.
I also released Cloudy Cuckoo Cosmail 1! The idea besides this being fun was that visual media might get me more noticed but by the time this got finished I was already getting into writing erotica and having more success there, so I still haven’t actually made a section on this website for comics. Ah well. It’s still a good comic and I love it.
Now then… what do I plan to do in 2020?
Not a lot for the CCC, actually.
- Wandering Fortunes should be all up mid-year. No estimation on final book release, though.
- Right now for the CCC I’m focusing on organizing my notes. I only have time to do one page a week now and there’s honestly more than 50 left I think so this is going to take a while. Probably more time than I should bother with to be honest but… oh well. OCD.
- I don’t intend to start more editing on Wandering Fortunes or write the fourth book until I finish those notes, so that’s on hold.
- I will have another new story in a few months, definitely not something I’ve done two years in a row now…
- Odemon and the Pokecomic will continue at their glacial pace.
- If not obvious yet, I’m going to spend 2020 more focused on what I’ve actually gotten some traction with. It’s fun and people like it and wow! I’m going to have a post about that at the DeviantArt I post that stuff at, so if you want to know about that check it there.
- Also my New Year’s Resolution is to hold a snake. For obvious reasons, I think.
That’s about it. Things are weird now. It’s fine.